Position Title: Technology, Media and Innovation (TMI) Director
Length of Term: Two years minimum
Reports To: Entire Board of Directors
We are looking for an TMI Director to oversee all information and media technology functions for the “Why You” Initiative, Inc. You will be in charge of managing the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new technology and media systems and policies.
An excellent director is very knowledgeable in trending technology and computer systems. They have a solid technical and media background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing technology and media systems and policies that will govern use.
The goal is to ensure technology and media systems and people are effective and functioning within in a manner to meet objectives.
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish policies and systems to support technology and media use and implementation.
- Analyze the business requirements to determine technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the [YU?] Board.
- Recruit additional professionals and/or train/teach [YU?] students technology and media skills.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Manage Microsoft Office 365 Accounts (including yammer and office suites)
- Manage the continuous buildout of the [YU?] Mentorship Portal
- Manage the main website and the multiple subdomains (i.e. confab.whyyou.org and student.whyyou.org).
- Give (Donation) Platform
- Stripe (Payment processing) Platform
- Manage Mailchip (Listserve) Platform
- Manage Zoom (Video Conferencing) Platform & FreeConferenceCall.com Platform
- Manage GroupMe (Text Messaging) Platform
- Manage Whova Conference Meeting App Platform
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (not set-up yet) Platforms
- Manage Vimeo (video sharing) Platform
- Manage Canva (Graphic Design) Platform
- Proven experience in technology, media or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of technology systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- WordPress experience and/or web development experience (including programming).
- Background or experience in computer science, media, engineering or relevant field