TO APPLY FOR AN VOLUNTEER POSITION: (1) CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM ONLINE APPLICATION, (2) SELECT ADMINISTRATIVE ROLES, (3) INPUT POSITION/ROLE TITLE, (4) COMPLETE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT.
Position Title: Fund Development Director
Length of Term: Two years minimum`
Reports to: Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
[YU?] is seeking a Fund Development Director to organize, execute and manage all aspects of grant writing, fund raising, and donor cultivation. The role entails advertising, writing grants, creating reports concerning progress and initiatives, building relationships with business and community members, coordinating fund raising events, and participating on [YU?] Board, mentorship program, and events.
Candidates should have impeccable leadership skills, written and verbal communications skills, strong organization skills, attention to detail and proficiency in word and spreadsheet processing applications and a willingness to learn.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Planning and Reporting
- Broaden [YU?] fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including the following: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the Board.
- Provide monthly reports to the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
Grants and Gifts
- Identifying grant-funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation. Intent is to provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for [YU?].
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the affiliate leadership of items that would benefit [YU?]
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate
- Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation
- Promote events to the business community as a way to support [YU?].
- Develop and solicit sponsors for houses and events as needed.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to [YU?] mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of [YU?] history and programs.
- [YU?] Member
- Attendance at bi-weekly Board meetings.
- Attendance at monthly webinars, mentorship trainings, Fall Virtual Confab, and Spring Confab (optional).
- Previous grant writing and fundraising experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with measuring income goals.
- Ability to gain knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.